Have you been injured while on the job? Do you need medical treatment but worry about your doctor’s bills, lost wages, and more?
You should know your workers’ compensation benefits as outlined by the federal government and the state of Missouri. Let’s look at some general guidelines for what’s available to you, so you have peace of mind going forward.
Your Workers’ Compensation Rights
Places of work are required to have workers’ compensation insurance for situations where employees get injured or ill due to their jobs. You are entitled by law to certain workers’ compensation benefits. Both the US Department of Labor and your state’s workers’ compensation board ensure your work-related injury or illness entitles you to:
- File a workers’ compensation claim
- Seek and receive appropriate medical treatment
- Be compensated for lost wages
- Return to your job when medically cleared to do so
- Full or partial disability payments
- Regular and full review of your eligibility
- Temporary or permanent disability payments
- Death benefits for your family, including funeral expenses
- Vocational rehabilitation in the event you cannot return to your previous position due to your work-related injury or illness
- Compensation from the federal or state government or your private employer, as the case may be
- Protection from personal liability lawsuits related to your injury on the job
What Medical Expenses Benefits Do I Have?
Workers’ compensation covers medical expenses such as prescription medicines, durable medical equipment, emergency room visits, and follow-up care with providers. It also covers hospital stays for acute care, surgery, and more.
Be sure to come to Core Medical Center in Blue Springs, MO for a complete evaluation post-injury or as soon as possible after the onset of an illness.
What Wage Compensation Benefits Do I Have?
Depending on the nature and extent of your injury or illness, you may be entitled to 66.66% of your salary or wages. However, each case is different and considered on an individual basis.
We Provide Complete Injury and Illness Management
From start to finish, our workers’ compensation team at Core Medical Center will follow the protocols established by government entities and by your company. We routinely retain the injury management programs of major companies in our area for use in the event of a workers’ compensation claim through our office.
When you come to Core Medical Center for evaluation, please bring your case number, photo ID, and any requested paperwork completed and signed. Our compensation team will file the necessary documentation to ensure your claim is handled properly and expeditiously. We understand that peace of mind regarding your rights and benefits is critical to your recovery and return to work.
Core Medical Center In Blue Springs, MO is Here to Help
We want all injured workers to get the benefits and compensation they are entitled to. If you have an on-the-job injury or illness, let us help you. Call (816) 427-0201 , or use our appointment request form. We have extended hours for your convenience. Ask about our injury rehabilitation program.