Knee pain can result from a variety of injuries or conditions. Even if the pain seems minor at first, it can worsen over time and prevent you from being able to function on a daily basis. This is where we come in.
Core Medical Center’s knee pain treatment program involves a combination of treatment methods, including physical therapy and medication, to relieve your knee pain. We can provide you with the long-lasting knee pain relief you have been searching for.
The type of treatment you require will depend on your condition and the cause of your knee pain.
Common Causes of Knee Pain
Aging, injury, and repeated stress are the most common causes of knee pain. In order for your treatment to be truly and comprehensively effective, it is critical you receive an accurate diagnosis of the cause of your knee pain before choosing from among your many treatment options.
Common causes of knee pain include:
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tears
- Baker’s cyst
- Bone spurs
- Cartilage tears
- Chronic post-knee-replacement pain
- Hip and knee injuries
- Iliotibial (IT) band syndrome
- Medial or lateral collateral ligament (MCL/LCL) tears
- Meniscus tear
- Nerve compression
- Osgood-Schlatter disease
- Patellar tendonitis (jumper’s knee)
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome (runner’s knee)
- Posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) tears
- Repetitive stress disorders
- Sports injuries
- Sprains and strains
Customized Knee Pain Treatment
Home remedies will only result in temporary relief. For example, resting your knee and applying ice can be beneficial for minor injuries, but it is not enough for more serious injuries. This is where we can help. Since no patient is exactly like another, your Core Medical Center provider will customize your treatment plan specifically for your condition, symptoms, overall health, and preference.
Benefits of your individualized knee pain treatment with us include:
- Customized care to meet your specific needs
- Guidance on healthy lifestyle choices to promote healing
- Prescription medication, when necessary, that is more effective than over-the-counter solutions
- A variety of therapeutic methods to aid your recovery
- Treatments to reduce inflammation and swelling
- Medical monitoring of patient progress
Early Treatment Is Critical
Even serious knee injuries or conditions may start out as mild problems before getting much worse. This can happen if you continue to place strain on the knee and do not seek treatment. It can be difficult to recognize the full extent of a knee injury right away – especially on your own. That is why we recommend seeing a provider at Core Medical Center at your earliest convenience.
Signs and symptoms that indicate you should seek knee pain treatment right away include:
- Swelling, redness, or stiffness of the knee
- Regular popping or crunching noises in the knee
- Being unable to fully straighten the knee
- The inability to bear weight on the knee or the knee gives out
- Having a fever along with pain and swelling in the knee
- Visible deformity in the leg or knee
By seeking immediate care for a knee problem, we can help prevent the condition from getting worse and negatively impacting your quality of life. Even if the pain seems to go away, it is important to seek a professional evaluation. In many cases, knee pain is the only symptom of a condition that requires treatment.
Knee Pain Evaluation
When you arrive at Core Medical Center, we will review your medical history while also performing a physical exam to see the extent of your knee’s function and mobility. We may perform various diagnostic tests, including X-rays, checking for visible swelling and tenderness, and measure your ability to move your leg in different directions. We may also apply various levels of manual force on the knee in order to measure the integrity of its structure.
Once we determine the extent of damage and the source of the injury, we will create a customized treatment plan to meet your needs and treatment goals. While we may prescribe medication, it will typically be in combination with other treatment methods.
One way to encourage recovery in the knee is to strengthen the muscles around it. We can recommend specific therapies and exercises while also conducting physical therapy sessions at our office. We can also help patients who are physically active or on a sports team heal quickly for safe, fast return to play. We also have numerous interventional pain procedures available to us that can immediately alleviate your symptoms and improve your ability to move without pain. We may also recommend self-care techniques and lifestyle changes that can help to promote your recovery.