Is shoulder pain keeping you from enjoying your usual activities?
Damage to the bones, tendons, or ligaments of the shoulder joint – or to the muscle and nerve groups that surround the joint – can be painful and restrict everyday movements. The multiple healthcare specialists at Core Medical Center can help you heal and improve your quality of life. Do not suffer a moment longer with shoulder pain – treat it at Core Medical Center.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
There are numerous reasons why you may be experiencing shoulder pain. These include:
Here is more information about some of the most common causes of shoulder pain.
Osteoarthritis develops slowly over time and can cause swelling, pain, and stiffness in your shoulder joint. It can also lead to bone spurs. Often, bone spurs develop as a result of untreated injuries to the shoulder joint that cause the joint to move improperly. This constant friction and loss of range of motion leads to degeneration of soft tissue and eventual ossification (arthritis). These spurs then further impede joint function and can cut or tear muscles in the shoulder, leading to a rotator cuff injury.
Shoulder dislocation occurs when your upper arm bone comes out of the shoulder socket, either partially or completely. This damages the surrounding muscles, tendons, and ligaments, and it can become a recurring problem (instability) if the surrounding tissues do not heal properly.
A shoulder fracture (broken bone) is usually the result of trauma or a fall. Fractures cause severe pain and swelling.
This can occur due to postural abnormalities that cause the shoulders to roll forward and encroach on the glenohumeral joint. This can cause inflammation of the bursa and lead to impingement of specific muscles in the joint, restricting your ability to move your arm.
Soft tissue injuries in the shoulder include muscle tears in the rotator cuff or ligament tears in the labrum. Regenerative medicine has been particularly effective at helping these types of injuries to heal.
Tendon inflammation or a tendon tear can happen during a single trauma incident or over time, as your tissues experience accelerated aging caused by wear and tear and the loss of proper joint function.
Benefits of Shoulder Care at Core Medical Center
Here are just some of the ways you can benefit when you seek treatment at Core Medical Center for your shoulder pain:
- Our doctors treat the whole you, which means that instead of simply addressing your symptoms, we work to discover where your pain comes from, so we can treat the underlying cause.
- We provide complete medical care and offer effective, nonsurgical solutions to your shoulder pain and other symptoms such as weakness, numbness, or loss of function.
- We will develop a customized care plan that includes a range of treatments selected to meet your particular health care needs.
- You will experience natural, effective modes of treatment, focusing on your overall wellness and injury prevention.
- We will collaborate with you to develop a set of practical goals to restore your health and ability to function. We know that a shoulder injury can be an obstacle to regular daily functioning, and we aim to heal your injury completely and restore your health as quickly as possible.
- We can treat you without having to resort to expensive and risky surgery or potentially addictive medications.
Shoulder Pain Treatment in Blue Springs, MO
Do you or a loved one suffer from shoulder pain? Discover all the treatment options available to you by calling Core Medical Center in Blue Springs, Missouri, at (816) 427-0201. You can also request an appointment with us online.