State Workers’ Compensation
When workers get injured on the job, it is important they get appropriate medical attention as soon as possible after the accident or injury. However, urgent care and ER visits can rack up unnecessary costs for employers – and do not necessarily guarantee the highest quality of care.
That is why at Core Medical Center, we strives to make the workers’ comp process as simple and affordable as possible for both the employer and employee. We are now accepting federal workers’ compensation patients. Core Medical Center proudly serves the Kansas City metro area from Blue Springs, Missouri. Let us get your employees back to work, the right way!
Our Employment-Related Services
Our workers’ compensation medical services are comprehensive and can significantly benefit you, your company, and your employees. Examples of the types of healthcare available at Core Medical Center include:
- Basic short-term medical services
- Physical therapy
- Chiropractic care
- Interventional pain management procedures
- Durable medical equipment
- On-site X-ray and ultrasound
- COVID testing
- Diagnostic testing, including:
- Customized treatment programs:
- Work conditioning/work hardening program, which utilizes real and simulated work activities as part of an employee’s recovery.
- Rehabilitation program, an intensive, goal-oriented treatment program specifically designed to restore an individual's systemic, neurological, musculoskeletal, and cardiopulmonary functions.
At Core Medical Center, we have responded to the needs of business and industry. Core Medical Center offers comprehensive medical services that help keep your employees on the job and working at peak performance. We also implement occupational health procedures that can stop problems early on – before expensive solutions are necessary. It is a combination of treatment and prevention that is very cost-effective.
We realize that not all injury management programs are alike. Therefore, protocols specific to your company are kept on file at our clinic. The "company profile" allows clinic staff to efficiently follow your company instructions regarding light duty policies, authorization and reporting results instructions, and billing instructions. No appointment is necessary and you will appreciate our commitment to open communications as well as convenient hours.
We also offer multiple employment-related services, all under one roof, including:
- Pre- and post-employment drug screenings and breath alcohol testing
- Pre-placement & back-to-work ergonomic and other evaluations
- On-the-job accident drug screenings
- Physicals (from basic employee screenings to DOT physicals)
- Impairment ratings
- Functional capacity exams (FCEs)
Functional Capacity Exams (FCEs)
FCEs may be required by law before an employee can return to work. These exams help to ensure a patient can safely return to work. During most FCEs, patients will be assessed on physical strength, range of motion and stability, stamina, and tolerance for strenuous or repeated motions/activities, such as lifting, walking, bending, pushing, pulling, or carrying.
Benefits of Our Workers’ Comp Care
At Core Medical Center, we have the advanced protocols to reduce OSHA recordables and emergency room visits. We will save you money and we have flexible hours, including evenings. Our providers follow best practices guidelines and will call you on all first visits. We are particularly conscientious to help you avoid:
- Unnecessary lost time
- Unnecessary OSHA Recordables
- Unnecessary referrals to the ER or specialists
We have full in-house services, including X-rays and trauma care and can treat almost any work injury without referring it out. We stock necessary splints and supports as well as first-line medications our patients may need.
Documentation and timely authorizations are vital in the process of treating an injured worker. We have a team of providers who work around the clock to ensure that needed medical care is approved and paperwork for employers and for various interested parties is received in a timely manner, so that care is not interrupted, and wages are not suspended. The last thing an injured worker should need to worry about is whether they will be compensated during their injury if necessary documentation or authorizations are not properly completed.
Employees should bring the following with them to Core Medical Center, as well as when making an appointment with us:
- Your case number if you already have received authorization; if not, we can help you with this and contact your employer
- Any paperwork that needs to be filled out and signed
- Photo ID
The sooner we get this information, the faster we can start going to work for you. Authorizations can take 1-2 days, and verifying you are in the system properly is vital. So, any info we can get before your appointment is better for everyone. We are here to support you on your recovery.
If your business is in need of a workers’ comp medical and rehabilitation provider, call Core Medical Center in Blue Springs, Missouri, at (816) 427-0201.