Allergy Testing and Immunotherapy
Immunotherapy is a natural treatment for environmentalallergies. It gradually changes how your immune system responds to an allergic trigger. This leads to long-term tolerance and a greatly reduced need for symptom-relieving medication.
Immunotherapy retrains your immune system by using high-potency extracts from the actual allergen sources. When we administer gradually increasing doses over time, it has the potential to eliminate your allergy symptoms for a lifetime.
Is Allergy Immunotherapy Right For You?
Immunotherapy can help most people who have environmental allergies caused by airborne allergens. If you say yes to any of the following, immunotherapy may be right for you:
- My symptoms are worse during specific times of the year
- My symptoms seem to bother me year-round
- My symptoms tend to flare up around certain animals or in old buildings
- I get stuffy and congested at night and have trouble sleeping
- I get headaches often
- I get sinus and ear infections
- I take drugs like Claritin®, Zyrtec®, and Allergra®, but these do not always help
- I have taken Flonase® or Nasonex®, but these do not really help
- I am tired of taking a daily medication that makes me tired and having to spray medication up my nose, just so I can live a somewhat normal life
Both prescription and over-the-counter medications like antihistamines and nasal steroids only mask your symptoms for as long as they are taken. Once you stop the medication, however, your symptoms will return. Immunotherapy is the only treatment that can eliminate your allergies. Immunotherapy can also address symptoms and conditions related to allergies, such as chronic cough, headaches / migraines, loss of sleep, and sleep apnea.
Allergy Testing and Immunotherapy Services in Blue Springs, MO
Are you interested in getting to the bottom of suspected allergies? Contact the allergy testing and immunotherapy professionals at Core Medical Center in Blue Springs, Missouri, by calling (816) 427-0201 or request your appointment now.