Foot & Ankle Pain
If you suffer from foot pain or ankle pain, you understand how important it is to get treatment right away, so you can keep moving. There is nothing worse than being sidelined from your own life because you are unable to walk or run without pain.
Common Causes of Foot & Ankle Pain
At Core Medical Center, we treat many different causes of foot and ankle pain, including:
Diabetic Foot Care
Anyone with diabetes must pay special attention to the health of their feet. That is because diabetes can cause nerve damage throughout the body, which can make it difficult to feel when there are sores, cuts, or other problems in your feet. Diabetes can also restrict blood flow, inhibiting your body’s natural ability to heal, especially in the extremities like the legs and feet.
At Core Medical Center, our providers provide a range of therapeutic approaches that can address symptoms and heal what needs healing, such as the use of alternative medicine patches for diabetic wound healing. Our providers also recommend self-care behaviors that can ensure the health of your feet between visits. These self-care tips may include:
- Never walk barefoot, even inside the house
- Inspect your feet every day, looking for lesions or wounds
- Inspect your footwear for pebbles or other items that could irritate your feet
- Wash your feet in warm but not hot water
- Seek medical attention right away for open wounds, which have the potential to quickly become infected
- Consider seeking professional help for corns, calluses, and toenail trims
Also referred to as peripheral neuropathy, there are no visible signs of neuropathy pain. While some conditions may display visible scars, rashes, cuts, or bruises, neuropathy does not. In these cases, it is important to seek professional treatment. Neuropathy is a condition that results from damage to the peripheral nerves causing pain, numbness, and weakness in the hands or feet.
Symptoms that can occur across multiple types of neuropathy include:
- Extreme sensitivity to touch
- Sudden lack of coordination
- Gradual increase in numbness, tingling, or prickling in the hands and feet
- Pain in the feet when putting weight on them
- Pain in the feet even when resting or lying down
- Weakness in the muscles
- Experiencing the feelings of wearing socks or gloves when an individual is not
Neuropathy treatment is offered at Core Medical Center in Blue Springs and the surrounding area. While patients may attempt to use store-bought medications, they will only provide temporary relief. With customized treatment we can help patients heal and see lasting improvement from their symptoms.
Benefits of Neuropathy Treatment
While the severity of neuropathy symptoms can vary, the type of neuropathy will also determine the symptoms the patient struggles with. Neuropathy affects the nerves outside the brain and spinal cord, known as the peripheral nerves. The peripheral nerves send information from the brain to the rest of the body.
While over-the-counter medications can help to relieve minor symptoms, these medications cannot help with more severe symptoms. Fortunately, our team at Core Medical Center can help find the medication and therapy combination that helps you find lasting relief. With a variety of possible causes, peripheral neuropathy will only get worse until you seek professional treatment.
Benefits of professional neuropathy treatment can include:
- Receiving a customized treatment plan for specific needs
- Finding a medication or pain reliever that works well for the patient
- Considering therapeutic nerve stimulation
- Recommending physical therapy
- Helping to identify causal factors that can be treated and may help address the neuropathy
- Specialized bracing to reduce the effects of neuropathy
- Alternative medicine
Foot & Ankle Pain Treatment in Blue Springs, MO
Get the treatment you need for your foot or ankle pain at Core Medical Center in Blue Springs, Missouri. Call us today at (816) 427-0201 to find out about all your treatment options. You can also request an appointment now.