Chronic Pain Program
We specialize in the tough cases! If you are experiencing chronic pain but have not found relief yet, call Core Medical Center today to find out how our chronic pain program can help.
Because our office consists of providers across multiple different specialties, all operating under one roof, we are able to deliver a broad range of advanced pain management techniques to relieve symptoms – and we do not stop there.
Our team takes the time to assess your condition, identify the cause of your pain, and create an individualized treatment plan that will provide the pain relief you have been seeking – without risky surgery or addictive drugs. By addressing the root cause of your symptoms, our treatments are designed to ensure your pain relief is long-lasting and does not recur.
Chronic Pain Treatments
Depending on the location, intensity, and cause of your chronic pain, we may recommend one or more of the following services:
- Postural and gait screening identifies biomechanical alignments that can be targeted and, in most cases, corrected. This commonly overlooked functional defect can be the root of many conditions that are commonly medicated without resolve. Migraines, chronic shoulder pain, neck pain, low back pain, hip pain, and ankle pain, just to name a few. Left uncorrected, postural or gait issues can lead to arthritis, muscle tears, and tissue degeneration.
- Trigger point injections provide immediate relief and relax knotted muscles anywhere in the body. This is important for restoring function in those areas during the retraining of muscles in physical therapy and the adjusting of the spine in chiropractic because trigger points are inelastic and can inhibit recovery and proper range of motion.
- Tendon sheath and bursa injections
- Durable medical equipment provides enhanced pain-relief results. Using bracing and supports can help you heal and regain proper curvature in your spine and support and correct extremities.
- Chiropractic care corrects alignment and mechanical problems.
- Physical therapy improves strength and increases your function and range of motion.
- Decompression therapy improves injury to the discs of the spine, which is often caused by degenerative diseases and herniated or bulging discs. Decompression alleviates pressure on the disc, allowing the disc to absorb nutrients and increase in size. Decompression can treat and alleviate pain from spinal stenosis, herniated discs, and a host of other postural and aliment issues. After a series of treatments, patients may gain millimeters in height, which can be the difference between being able to function without pain to requiring surgery.
- Alternative medicine. PRP is used to treat damage to the joints, muscles, ligaments, cartilage, tendons, nerves, and more due to arthritis, trauma, or other causes. These injections use the body’s natural ability to heal in a targeted way to stimulate healthy cellular growth at an area of injury.
- Sanexas RST. This FDA-cleared device has been shown to relieve chronic pain caused by several conditions, such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, and more. It uses a technology called electrical cell signaling. Using different programs and settings on the device specific to the condition being treated, we have seen patients experience a reduction in their symptoms ranging from 30% to 100%. Results are based on the severity of your condition and proper expectations are discussed prior to treatment to determine if this treatment is a good fit for you.
Chronic Pain Conditions
The chronic pain conditions we treat include osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, neck pain, back pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, wrist pain, hand pain, hip pain, knee pain, ankle pain, and foot pain.
Chronic Pain Treatment in Blue Springs, MO
Find out more about our chronic pain program at Core Medical Center in Blue Springs, Missouri, by calling (816) 427-0201 or request your appointment now.