Kristina Mitchell, DNP, FNP-C
Kristina began her career as a nurse after graduating with her BSN from The University of Missouri-Kansas City in 2012. During her time serving veterans at the Kansas City VA Medical Center she grew to love educating her patients on how to better manage their chronic conditions to reduce emergency room visits and hospitalizations. She served in leadership as chair of the Quality of Care Committee mentoring numerous projects to improve metrics of the medical facility as well as improve overall quality for outpatient departments and inpatient departments. Kristina decided to further her education to have a bigger impact on direct patient care. She earned her Masters as a nurse practitioner and went on to earn her doctorate in nursing as well. Her doctoral project entitled “Implementing Individualized Sedentary Behavior Reduction Education to Improve HbA1c” was featured in Clinic Advisor in June 2022. Kristina has worked in specialty areas such as Orthopedics and Multi-Specialty Care Clinics. She is passionate about educating patients on how to empower themselves to live healthy lives and improve function lost from chronic conditions. Kristina continues to expand her knowledge base on wellness practices, chronic disease management as well as holistic pain management.
She lives in Blue Springs with her husband and enjoys learning, spending time with family, and strengthening her spiritual well being.
- Bachelor of Nursing Science-University of Missouri-Kansas City 2012
- Masters of Science in Nursing-University of Missouri-Kansas City 2018
- Doctorate in Nursing Practice-University of Missouri-Kansas City 2021
Licenses and Certifications:
- Certified as a Nurse Practitioner through the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, licensed in Missouri and Kansas.
- National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME) certification
- Kansas City metro physicians association