Workers’ compensation cases can be complex, time-consuming, and costly for both the injured worker and the employer. However, with a comprehensive care approach like the one offered at Core Medical Center, workers’ compensation cases can see significant cost savings while still providing high-quality care for the injured worker. In this blog post, we will explore the benefits of a comprehensive care approach for workers’ compensation cases and how it can lead to significant cost savings.
The Comprehensive Care Approach at Core Medical Center
At Core Medical Center, we believe that a comprehensive care approach is essential for successfully managing workers’ compensation cases. Our approach includes:
1. Multidisciplinary care team and specialist network: We bring together a team of skilled medical professionals, including physicians, physical therapists, and in-office case managers, to develop a personalized treatment plan for each injured worker. Additionally, we have a network of other specialists who work directly with Core Medical Center, allowing patients to be seen faster and receive comprehensive care from specialists that are less common in the workers’ compensation space. This ensures that all aspects of the worker’s care are addressed, reducing the need for multiple providers at multiple locations with multiple admin staff to communicate with, thus streamlining the treatment process.
2. Full spectrum of care: Core Medical Center offers a wide range of services that cater to the diverse needs of injured workers, including acute urgent care for immediate injuries, physical therapy, interventional pain management, in-office surgical procedures and referrals to network partners for other surgical procedures, post-surgical rehabilitation, behavioral health needs, chronic pain programs, work hardening, work conditioning, Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE), and traumatic brain injury programs.
3. Early intervention: We understand the importance of early intervention in workers’ compensation cases. By addressing injuries promptly, we can help prevent the development of chronic pain and other long-term complications, ultimately reducing the cost of care.
4. Evidence-based treatment: Our team at Core Medical Center uses evidence-based treatments that have been proven to be effective in managing various types of workplace injuries. This ensures that the injured worker receives the most appropriate care, minimizing the risk of unnecessary treatments and reducing costs.
5. Focus on return-to-work: We prioritize helping the injured worker return to work as soon as it is safe and appropriate. By focusing on functional improvement and providing the necessary support, we can help reduce the duration of disability and the associated costs.
6. Streamlined communication: Our comprehensive care approach simplifies communication for case managers and adjusters. They only have to communicate with our clinic to receive all the information they need in a timely manner, reducing the time spent on coordinating care and increasing efficiency.
Cost Savings with a Comprehensive Care Approach
By implementing a comprehensive care approach for workers’ compensation cases, Core Medical Center has achieved significant cost savings for employers and insurers. These cost savings can be attributed to several factors:
1. Reduced medical costs: With a streamlined, multidisciplinary care team and a network of specialists, medical costs are reduced as there is less need for multiple providers and duplicate services.
2. Shortened disability duration: Our focus on early intervention and return-to-work helps to minimize the duration of disability, reducing the costs associated with wage replacement and other benefits.
3. Decreased litigation costs: A comprehensive care approach that prioritizes communication and collaboration can help to resolve disputes more efficiently, reducing the likelihood of costly litigation.
4. Improved outcomes: By providing evidence-based treatments and a personalized care plan, we can help injured workers achieve better outcomes, reducing the likelihood of long-term complications and the associated costs.
5. Increased efficiency: Streamlined communication reduces the time spent by case managers and adjusters on coordinating care, allowing them to focus on other essential tasks
“We take the WORK out of workers’ compensation! “®