Living with back pain and contemplating getting surgery? Don’t be too quick to decide. Talk to a chiropractor to find out if spinal decompression is right for you.
While back surgery might be able to provide you with relief, it has significant risks, and it could involve a lengthy recovery. Spinal decompression, on the other hand, simply involves you lying on a traction table and letting the device gently stretch out your spine to change its force and alignment and consequently take pressure off your discs. Spinal decompression doesn’t only mask your symptoms; it could eradicate your back pain by tackling its source.
Your chiropractor will determine if spinal decompression is the right option for you based on the results of their evaluation. Let’s learn about the specific conditions for which your chiropractor might recommend spinal decompression and the benefits of this innovative, nonsurgical treatment modality.
Conditions that Could Benefit from Chiropractic Spinal Decompression
Your chiropractor may recommend spinal decompression if your back pain is due to any of the following conditions:
- Herniated disc (also called bulged, ruptured, or slipped disc)- This occurs when a fragment of the soft filling in the center of the disc (nucleus) is pushed out of the outer layer of the disc (annulus), into the spinal canal.
- Spinal stenosis- This refers to the narrowing of the spaces within the spine which consequently compresses the nerves that travel through it.
- Degenerative disc disease- This is an age-related condition that occurs when the discs lose their integrity and hydration.
- Facet joint syndrome- This occurs when the cartilage in the joints that allow your back and neck to bend forward and backward break down and get inflamed, thereby prompting pain signals in the nearby nerve endings.
Benefits of Chiropractic Spinal Decompression
Chiropractic spinal decompression brings on a multitude of benefits for not only your spine but your overall health as well. These include the following:
- Boosts the effectiveness of other treatment modalities (e.g., cold laser therapy, functional medicine, etc.)
- Boosts the function of your lymphatic system
- Effectively provides symptomatic relief
- Enhances sleep quality
- Helps restore normal joint and disc function and alignment
- Improves your overall quality of life
- Increases spinal flexibility
- Pain-free alternative to surgery- delays—or, in some cases, even eliminates the need for—back surgery
- Promotes disc healing
- Reduces reliance on pain medications
Chiropractic Spinal Decompression in Blue Springs, MO
At Core Medical Center, our licensed chiropractors offer spinal decompression, and they work in tandem with the rest of the members of our interdisciplinary team to help everyone suffering from back pain experience the life-changing difference that holistic, nondrug, and nonsurgical care can make.