For far too long patients with chronic pain have been limited to these treatment choices: 1 – invasive surgical procedures, 2 – short-term pain relief from steroids or 3 – a lifetime on pain medications.
Treating chronic conditions such as joint, low back, hip, shoulder, elbow or ankle pain (to name a few) these options offered some relief, but really only mask the symptoms and don’t address the root cause of the issue. In many cases, the very same treatments that will reduce pain in the short-term, will actually increase the degeneration and arthritis occurring in the joints over the long-term.
For example, Cortisone shots are a go-to for many providers and are still considered the standard of care. We now know that these types of injections can have lasting effects on the joint. Weight-bearing joints especially for these reasons: 1. Pain is reduced but the problem is still present so the patient will continue to injure the area without knowing they are doing so. 2. Cortisone actually dehydrates the joint setting it up for more degenerative changes from breakdown of cartilage and bone, and finally, 3. Cortisone increases the osteoporosis, or softening of the bone, at the injection location, so if it is injected in a weight-bearing area, that area will break down much faster.
So what is available today that will treat these conditions but NOT cause further damage?
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a treatment that didn’t hurt the joint further while taking the pain away? That actually healed and replaced the damaged tissue? What if I told you that there is such a treatment option and that Core Medical Center is offering it? Would you be interested in it?
Regenerative Medicine and Regenerative Medicine Therapies are now a real option for patients with acute and chronic pain.
Benefits of Regenerative Medicine and why it’s worth scheduling a consultation at Core Medical Center:
- There is little to no downtime after the injection
- The treatment does NOT cause further harm to the joint and will repair the damaged tissue in the joint that is treated.
- This treatment costs much less than surgery
- We combine this treatment with these three offerings to achieve the best outcomes:
- Proper functional assessment to determine the root-issue and identify what regenerative medicine, image guidance and bracing is appropriate
- Physical rehabilitation to help correct the original causes of the issue and ensure it doesn’t reoccur
- Follow up injections, when necessary, to support and preserve the new tissue and encourage continued growth
Do not let a degenerative condition keep you from getting back to living your best life possible! Call for Your Consultation Today and see if Regenerative Medicine is right for you! (816) 427-0201
*Regenerative Medicines, like other medical products that are intended to treat, cure, or prevent disease, generally require FDA approval before they can be marketed. The FDA has not approved any Regenerative Medicine-based or regenerative medicine products for use, other than cord blood-derived hematopoietic progenitor cells (blood forming Regenerative Medicines) for certain indications.