Wondering if it is beneficial to undergo pain management services from an experienced chiropractor? According to the World Health Organization, 80% of people experience back pain at some point in their life and seek medical treatment to deal with their pain. If pain is getting in the way of functioning normally, learning how to manage…
What Is a Non Surgical Facelift?
For many years, women who wanted facelifts had to have surgery performed, but now they can benefit from a non surgical facelift.
Because of the way doctors did the procedure, it often took a long time to heal. Over time though, the methodology for this surgery changed. Today, both women and men can look younger with a non surgical facelift.
Introduction to a non surgical facelift
In simple terms, a non surgical facelift is a combination of two procedures. The first is minimally invasive while the second is non-surgical.
Who makes the right candidate?
With a non surgical facelift, patients end up with a rejuvenated appearance. Instead of going under general anesthesia at a hospital and having large incisions, a doctor can perform this procedure at a medspa. Although a lot of people make good candidates for this procedure, not everyone is. Here are the criteria that most doctors follow:
- Good skin quality
- Adequate skin firmness and thickness
- Mild flattening of the cheeks
- Mild to moderate sagging of the lower and middle face
- No recent surgery involving the face or neck
Compared to the surgical route, a non surgical facelift does not involve any cutting. Without incisions that need to heal, patients can typically return to work the same or next day. Another advantage is that it works for people with darker skin tones.
Chemical peels and ablative lasers remove the top layer of skin. For individuals with darker pigmentation, this creates problems. That means this option works for all skin tones as long as they qualify as a candidate.
When consulting with a doctor at a medspa, they will determine the right non surgical facelift on a patient-by-patient basis. After all, there are several options.
- One is Ultherapy, which targets tissue just below the skin’s surface. As a result, it prompts the production of collagen. Usually, the patient’s skin becomes tighter and smoother after three sessions
- A medspa also offers a Threadlift. Because the incisions are so small, this procedure falls in the non surgical facelift category. In this case, they insert extremely thin threads into the face through tiny incisions. With the threads attached to tissue, the surgeon then pulls back on them to lift the skin and smooth the face. Most patients enjoy the effects for 18 months or until the threads biodegrade
- There is also a type of liquid non surgical facelift. For this, the doctor at the medspa injects either calcium hydroxyapatite or hyaluronic acid beneath the skin. In response, the face becomes fuller and smoother. As the skin rejuvenates, it begins to contour to more natural proportions. Along with tighter skin, this method diminishes the appearance of lines and wrinkles
While many people visit a medspa for a non surgical facelift, they can also benefit from some of the other services provided. For instance, they can have Botox® to soften lines and wrinkles. For better skin tone and smoothness, they might consider a chemical peel. If someone has hollow areas of the face, they could have a doctor inject fillers.
Look and feel amazing
If you want to look younger, then a non surgical facelift is one way to accomplish your goal. When visiting a medspa, you and the doctor can determine the right procedure specifically for you.
Physical therapy involves restoring your physical function and mobility. A therapist can help you maintain your physical function and increase your activity. When you visit one, you can get a diagnosis and a treatment plan. Keep reading to find out more about physical therapy.A patient can find a physical therapist in settings such as private…
Wondering whether or not platelet-rich plasma therapy is right for you? According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, PRP treatment has been used to support wound healing in trauma and joint injury, address male pattern baldness by stimulating the growth of hair transplants and enhance cosmetic procedures. The reason platelets are used is because they contain healing…
When back pain lasts for more than three months, it is chronic. The pain can be intermittent, where the patient may experience temporary relief, then agonizing distress. Chronic pain is a worrisome condition to deal with when the cause is unknown.Chronic back pain is often associated with old age but can also be a result…