Regenerative medical treatments have gained popularity over the past decade. They have paved their way as a much more common form of treatment than they once were.The rise in usage of regenerative medical treatments can be attributed to the success so many people have found in the treatment. It has helped many live a healthier,…
What Is a Non Surgical Facelift?
For many years, women who wanted facelifts had to have surgery performed, but now they can benefit from a non surgical facelift.
Because of the way doctors did the procedure, it often took a long time to heal. Over time though, the methodology for this surgery changed. Today, both women and men can look younger with a non surgical facelift.
Introduction to a non surgical facelift
In simple terms, a non surgical facelift is a combination of two procedures. The first is minimally invasive while the second is non-surgical.
Who makes the right candidate?
With a non surgical facelift, patients end up with a rejuvenated appearance. Instead of going under general anesthesia at a hospital and having large incisions, a doctor can perform this procedure at a medspa. Although a lot of people make good candidates for this procedure, not everyone is. Here are the criteria that most doctors follow:
- Good skin quality
- Adequate skin firmness and thickness
- Mild flattening of the cheeks
- Mild to moderate sagging of the lower and middle face
- No recent surgery involving the face or neck
Compared to the surgical route, a non surgical facelift does not involve any cutting. Without incisions that need to heal, patients can typically return to work the same or next day. Another advantage is that it works for people with darker skin tones.
Chemical peels and ablative lasers remove the top layer of skin. For individuals with darker pigmentation, this creates problems. That means this option works for all skin tones as long as they qualify as a candidate.
When consulting with a doctor at a medspa, they will determine the right non surgical facelift on a patient-by-patient basis. After all, there are several options.
- One is Ultherapy, which targets tissue just below the skin’s surface. As a result, it prompts the production of collagen. Usually, the patient’s skin becomes tighter and smoother after three sessions
- A medspa also offers a Threadlift. Because the incisions are so small, this procedure falls in the non surgical facelift category. In this case, they insert extremely thin threads into the face through tiny incisions. With the threads attached to tissue, the surgeon then pulls back on them to lift the skin and smooth the face. Most patients enjoy the effects for 18 months or until the threads biodegrade
- There is also a type of liquid non surgical facelift. For this, the doctor at the medspa injects either calcium hydroxyapatite or hyaluronic acid beneath the skin. In response, the face becomes fuller and smoother. As the skin rejuvenates, it begins to contour to more natural proportions. Along with tighter skin, this method diminishes the appearance of lines and wrinkles
While many people visit a medspa for a non surgical facelift, they can also benefit from some of the other services provided. For instance, they can have Botox to soften lines and wrinkles. For better skin tone and smoothness, they might consider a chemical peel. If someone has hollow areas of the face, they could have a doctor inject fillers.
Look and feel amazing
If you want to look younger, then a non surgical facelift is one way to accomplish your goal. When visiting a medspa, you and the doctor can determine the right procedure specifically for you.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
After a car accident, it is not uncommon for victims to visit a chiropractor. Even if a person does not sustain visible or life-threatening injuries, car accidents often result in tissue, nerve and joint damage. This can lead to chronic pain, discomfort and other side effects, such as headaches, fatigue and the inability to concentrate.…
Medical weight loss is definitely worth looking further into if you are considering alternative weight loss options. Whether you are someone who needs to lose a few pounds or many pounds, choosing the medical weight loss option means you are always under the supervision of medical professionals. These professionals will provide you with all of…
Evaluation by a chiropractor has long been recommended after a car accident, and this advice is for a good reason. Chiropractic treatment can help individuals heal after an accident and prevent future problems often overlooked by traditional medicine. In many cases, chiropractors can discover damage that is not easily seen, from whiplash to spinal disc…