How PT Can Help You Get Back in the Game Sooner and Safer
Whether you’re a professional athlete or a weekend warrior, unless you’re not playing very hard, injuries are simply part of the game. When you suffer any type of sports injury, you have a wide range of options for treatment. You want an approach, though, that will help you return to your passion, but you want to know that you’ll go back as strong as you were before the injury, so that you minimize the risk of making things worse.
The Benefits of Physical Therapy When Recovering from a Sports Injury
Physical therapy, or PT, offers many advantages over other types of treatment for sports injuries:
- It’s entirely non-invasive, involving no surgical procedures, using exercises and equipment to build strength, reestablish flexibility and mobility and reduce pain or discomfort. With physical therapy, you’ll generally start seeing improvements almost immediately. You won’t have extended recovery periods, as you would with invasive surgery.
- PT doesn’t seek to temporarily mask your pain, but helps alleviate discomfort by strengthening and stabilizing joints, muscles and other connective tissue
- Physical therapy involves specific exercises targeted to your individualized injuries, rather than a generic approach. Those targeted exercises help correct any physical shortcomings that made you susceptible to the injury you suffered.
- PT gets to the root of why you suffered an injury, such as insufficient strength or stability in certain muscles or joints, and typically results in you being healthier than you were before the injury
- Physical therapy typically involves exercises and tools that you can do at home, making it easier to do them on a regular basis, and allowing you to continue doing them after you have healed.
- Physical therapy emphasizes mobility and flexibility, with stretching exercises that can minimize stress on muscles, tendons and ligaments, while simultaneously improving your range of motion
- PT helps improve balance, reducing the risks of falling or incurring other injuries
Contact Core Medical Center Today
Take action today to minimize your pain. At Core Medical Center, with offices in Blue Springs, Missouri, we take the time to get to the source of your pain, offering treatment with a long-term approach. To schedule an appointment, contact us online or call our offices at (816) 427-0201.