If you’ve grown weary of mainstream medical care, or tried traditional chiropractic care but without success, consider consulting your chiropractor about getting you on a custom care plan. It could be just what you need to live free from the pain and movement limitations brought on by your musculoskeletal problem. Let’s delve into the importance of a custom chiropractic treatment plan.
Creating the Best Treatment Approach Using Integrated Techniques
Based on your specific condition, lifestyle, treatment goal/s, and overall health, your chiropractor will work with you to create a care plan that integrates different therapeutic techniques and modalities to tackle the source of your symptoms and help you achieve the best possible outcome.
Your chiropractor may incorporate a combination of any of the following approaches into your treatment plan:
- Spinal decompression- This involves you lying in a supine, prone, or recumbent position on a traction table as the device gently stretches out your spine to shift its force and alignment and consequently take the pressure off your discs.
This modality is recommended for back pain caused by a herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, or spinal stenosis.
- Soft-tissue therapy (either manually or using a mechanical device)- With this technique, your chiropractor will knead the affected area to relieve your pain and break up scar tissue formation and do some stretching to improve your flexibility and range of motion.
- Spinal manipulation – This involves your chiropractor using their hands to apply a controlled, sudden force onto the joints in your spine to improve its alignment, relieve pain, and improve your overall physical function.
- Chiropractic massage- This may be done to relax taut muscles and help relieve joint subluxations.
During each of your sessions, your chiropractor will monitor how your body is responding to your treatment. They may make adjustments to your treatment plan along the way or recommend additional sessions or other modalities that will further enhance the results of your current care plan.
Setting Appropriate Expectations
Your chiropractor will sit down with you to address all of your concerns and equip you with all that you need to know to help set reasonable expectations for the outcome of your treatment.
- Chiropractic care requires commitment. This is much like exercising and healthy eating: you just don’t stop when you see slight improvements. You need ongoing care to reap its long-term benefits.
- Chiropractic care takes time. As with many other treatments that provide REAL results, chiropractic care takes time, albeit there are patients who reported feeling a lot better after their initial treatment. Your body may not react instantaneously, but you can expect a gradual improvement in your symptoms. Depending on your condition, it may take several sessions for you to see your desired result.
- Chiropractic care entails trusting your chiropractor. They will provide you with guidance and insights, which you need to follow to make out the most of your treatment.
First-Rate Chiropractic Care in Blue Springs, MO
Here at Core Medical Center, our highly skilled chiropractors, Dr. Patrick Goldsworthy and Dr. Aston Goldsworthy, have both established a solid reputation for the effective, holistic, personalized solutions they provide for the vast range of neuromusculoskeletal problems—helping scores of patients move and live better.
To schedule a consultation with either Dr. Aston or Dr. Patrick Goldsworthy, call our clinic today at (816) 427-0201 or use our convenient appointment request form. We look forward to helping you start living your best life!